Wednesday, June 6, 2007

Skating: The most fun thing on the whole dang planet!

I went to the skate park yesterday. For the first time, no one stared at me like I'd be hiding a gun or something. It felt great. And NOTHING is more thrilling than going down steep (metal) ramps on a super loose board with no helmet or any gear at all.

I started with some easy stuff like just going down ramps. Then I'd go down and ollie in between. Soon I was manualing down, boardsliding on the rail between the ramps, ollieing off, kickflipping and landing in a nose manual, casper, ride up ramp. That's when people started to stare.

Some commented on my skating. Most sounded like, "I bet I could do that." When they tried, most fell. Several broke some bones.

My new board is loose as can be. That's the way I like it. It's more dangerous. Easier to fall. The thrill is like nothing you've expirenced before. Unless you know the magic of skating.

Also, a dojo for my martial arts is opening soon in my town. Well, the town I am in now anyway. It's grandmaster Han's world youn wha ryu association. You should try to spar or chicken fight like they do! One guy drew blood. I had to leave after that. But I've beat a 30+ year old at chicken fighting who is three inches taller than me. He is indeed a worthy opponent. The fight lasted two minutes. Most only last 20 seconds. And that's the long ones!

2 comments:

Nudge.::.Twin said...

Cool! I could never do a kickflip. It's pretty much physically impossible for me. (I've got a tendency to be clumsy.) I like the idea for your story! It's awesome! I'm not sure what to write. I've got writer's block at the moment again. I'm also going on vacation, so I might not post til Tuesday. Hopefully Boston will give me ideas.


P.S.

You're trying to kill Arrow with a chainsaw?! Sorry, I don't own a bazooka.

Venom said...

I kicked Arrow off the blog. Here is his blog, http://sarcasimisavampiresbestfriend.blogspot.com. Or you could go to my profile and his blog is right below mine. For once he's right. Sarcasim IS a vampire's best friend. (Was I using sarcasim there? You'll never know!)




-Venom